Thursday, December 10, 2015

Prepared Surfaces









For the first part of this assignment, I used ink, gesso, newspaper and woodglue to create various surfaces on top of eight different pieces of paper. To achieve the desired effect, paper was often folded or creased intentionally, and any materials on the surface were either applied with hands or with an eyedropper.








The second part of the project I began to make a series of images based off of feedback received in class. From my original surfaces I began to make prepared surfaces with newspaper and ink, creating my own Rorschach tests.





For the final part of this project, I took what I had learnt from the second part of this assignment and created the final piece composed of four multicolored Rorschach blots. I feel this final piece is extremely successful as a whole and each blot works successfully with each other and on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment